QuickBooks, an accounting software, is packaged, developed, and marketed by Intuit. While using QuickBooks, you might face some errors. One of the errors is QuickBooks Error 6129.
QuickBooks Error 6129 appears when you create an original and new QuickBooks company file. This error happens when the database connection verification fails, or QuickBooks was looking to access the company files.
The same error happens when you open an already available file. We might lose access to the company records while encountering the error. The most common cause is network dysfunction. Due to this error, there is difficulty in finding the system or the server that has access to the file.
Possible causes of QuickBooks error 6129:
- Not all computers in a multi-user configuration are running the latest release of QuickBooks.
- Incorrect folder permission or if the QB database server manager is not working properly.
- There is a mismatch between the client domain and the server.
- Corrupted/damaged network data file.
- A third-party antivirus is causing the QB error 6129.
How do resolve the problem?
QuickBooks support is always there to resolve your problems related to QuickBooks errors. It is a group of experts that have broad QB skills and information on the most proficient methods to tailor this software to any industry. You will be able to access the account anywhere with an internet connection. Customer Support is included and available via live chat and email.
This issue can easily be resolved through a few solutions. These solutions are highly recommended by QuickBooks Support. The issues might get resolved with the first solution. If not, you will need to undergo all the solutions stated underneath. For hassle-free and excellent results, please maintain the order of the solutions.
Solution 1: RENAME THE QUICKBOOKS NETWORK DESCRIPTOR FILES
- Firstly, open the folder containing a QuickBooks company file and locate the.ND file that needs to be open and the users need that.ND file that corresponds to the company file.
- Right-click on the.ND file
- Select ‘Rename’
- Add ‘.OLD’ when you have entered the file name, press enter and you will see the file name as a company file.
- If you find one file on many systems, then the user will set up the QB Database Server Manager. However, if the QuickBooks is set up only on one computer, then you can open the company file.
Solution 2: CREATE ANOTHER FOLDER AND NAVIGATE THE QUICKBOOKS COMPANY FILES
- Create another file folder.
- Navigate the QuickBooks company files to a new folder.
- If you have been using QuickBooks on one system, it is easy to open QuickBooks company files using a new folder, but if you use the same file on many computers, you have to perform Solution 1.
- Click the start button of windows and select Program > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on Scan Folders.
- You might find the folder containing the company files missing. Do not panic. Simply, click on Add Folder and add the files that are missing.
- Click the Scan.
- Click Close when the scan is finished.
- Open the QuickBooks company file.
Solution 3: DISABLE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION WHILE USING THE SAFE MODE
- First, restart your system. Do not change the safe mode.
- Disable the running antivirus software
- Create another company file.
- Keep your system in the normal mode and restart it.
- Lastly, open your files after opening the software.
Solution 4: ENSURE ‘ALL COMPUTERS’ ARE WORKING ON ONE DOMAIN
Please contact the expert while you are working on a domain. Alternatively, seek help from IT professionals to link your computer with the domain.
Visit our support section to access video tutorials, watch live webinars, and download our user guide. You can also get instant QuickBooks Help, advice, and answers from the QuickBooks online community if you want. If you use QuickBooks 2017 or later versions, press F1 or select Help > QuickBooks Desktop Help to get help faster.
Do you want the best experience? Then please do not forget to update your QuickBooks.
We hope that the steps and solutions have helped in resolving the error, and you can access your QuickBooks hassle-free.
If the problem is still persistent and did not go away even after trying all of the solutions provided above